Introduction to Sage 300
In this tutorial, we will learn about overview or introduction of sage 300 because Whatever the size of your business, General Record book can handle all your financial records and reporting needs.
- You use General Record Book to set up and maintain your general ledger accounts to register or transfer transactions from various sources and to print a number of general record book reports which also include a chart of accounts, trial balance, posting journal, and all transactions list.
- You can use Sage 300 ERP Intelligence Reporting which comes from Sage 300 ERP to print financial statements such as balance sheets and income statements and all.
- You can also use Financial Reporter, which comes from General record books to print financial statements and to produce inclusive management reports.
- General Record book supports multicurrency accounting which integrates extensively with other Sage 300 ERP programs and also supports import and export of transaction data for use it with other programs.
It also have some parts which have overview of each part:-
1. Setting Up General Ledger
Set up of records and specify options determines how General Ledger
processes all transactions and interacts with other Sage 300 ERP modules.
2. Adding and Maintaining Accounts
Use of General Ledger Accounts screens to set up and maintain chart of accounts to establish set up of account budgets and to inquire proper account history and all activities.
3. Entering and Posting General Ledger Transactions
Use General Record book Transactions screens to record all journal entries, and also to view, edit, and post transactions created and sent to General Ledger by other Sage 300 ERP modules.
4. Periodic Processing in General Ledger
Use General record book Periodic Processing screens to perform tasks that are part of your regular period‐end procedures such as clearing history,
creating general ledger batches and also deleting all records that’s inactive.
5. Looking Up Information in General Ledger
- Use the Chart of Accounts, History and Inquiry screens to look up
information about General record book accounts and the transactions posted to these accounts.
- Use of tax Set Comparison screen to compare the net changes or period balances for two fiscal sets.
6. Importing and Exporting General Ledger Data
Import account records, transaction batches and other records into
one General Ledger from files created by other programs and export General Ledger data for use in other programs.
7. Printing General Ledger Reports
Use General Ledger report screens to print all setup reports and analytical