Why Multi Factor Authentication Is Required To Sign Into My Account?
- Intuit has increased the number of steps to sign in to your account due to theincrease of identity theft.
- It is important to protect sensitive data on a serious note. Moreover, this is becoming very common for financial services and sensitive web accessible products.
- It is always recommended that customers must take precautions to protect their identity. It is also important that users should not only set strong passwords but also use the same password for all your accounts.
- Security is a shared responsibility of the service provider and the user.
Even when the multi-factor authentication is in place, users can secure their accounts from fight fraud by practicing the following:
- The password for the online product and other products must not be the same.
- Unique information-not basic information must be used so thatit cannot be easily found online.
- When email notifications are received, do NOT click on suspicious links. Instead, cut and paste the URL link directly into your browser.
A question might come into your mind that whether someoneis trying to hack your account?
No. There is an extra layer of security that is being implemented as an industry best practice for all of Intuit’s products.