Timeline for Direct Deposit Processing in QuickBooks
The following are the timeline for direct deposit processing
Demand draft is sent to Intuit.
- The status of the transaction till this stage is pending.
- You can transmit payroll details to Intuit before 5:00 pm PST prior to 2 banking days before the check date in case there’s a need to void any of the paychecks or send additional paychecks.
- The timeline here is at 5:00 pm PST, payroll take off.
- Important Note: Paychecks can be sent before 45 days in advance.
- Holiday Reminder
Payroll is taken off
- Demand Draft payroll is offloaded 2 banking days prior to the paycheck date at 5:00 PM PST.
- The Direct Deposit transaction at this stage cannot be terminated.
- Demand draft payroll is electronically sent to ACH (Automatic Clearing House) for further processing.
- your bank account will be debited by a banking day before paycheck date.
- This may happen anytime within 24 hour window.
- FAQs for bank returns (NSF)
The Pay Day when the Funds are posted.
- Funds are transferred to your employee’s account on the paycheck date.
- Availability of funds or Time of DD posting is determined by the employee’s bank and is not controlled by Intuit.
- In case the paycheck date falls on a non-banking day, the funds will be deposited in the Employee’s bank account on the next banking day.
- Employee’s bank has till 11:59 PM of the day of the check date to deposit the funds to the employee’s bank account.
- When does direct deposit post?
Frequently Asked Questions: Direct Deposit requirements, signup, and activation.
How to sign up for Direct Deposit