Step by Step Process to Compete in the IRS E-File Program
In our previous tutorial, we have learnt about E-file for accountants. In this tutorial, we will learn about how to compete in the IRS e-file program.
Step by Step process to compete in the IRS e-file program
- The 8633 form is no more used as of October 2012. The new process that follows is the recent process that the IRS has.
- It is provided for your knowledge and subject to change by the IRS. Ensure the confirmationof the correct process with the IRS.
- This process is completed in the following three phases
Set up an IRS e-Services Account
Submit Your Application
Pass a Suitability Check
- Once you have submitted your application and the documents related to it , the IRS will perform a suitability check on the firm and each and every person listed on your application as either a principal or responsible official.
- It may include: a credit check, a tax compliance check or a criminal background check; and a check for prior non-compliance along with IRS e-file requirements. Once it is approved, you can get an acceptance letter from the IRS with your Electronic Filing Identification Number (EFIN).
- Now the user have established himself as a Reporting Agent
what steps mustbe taken to e-file?