QuickBooks Payroll Services
- A QuickBooks Payroll Service is a subscription that is activated to enable the payroll features in QuickBooks Desktop Software. Depending on the features required, you can select from Basic, Enhanced or Assisted Payroll.
- It is important to note that QuickBooks Payroll service does not work with QuickBooks Mac. However, Mac users practice Intuit Online Payroll as their payroll add-on. As standalone software, Intuit Online Payroll can only export transactions to QuickBooks Desktop and QBO.
The payroll service described in this tutorial is designed for QuickBooks Desktop users.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. What do you mean by QuickBooks Desktop Software?
- A QuickBooks Desktop Software is an accounting software solution that you install on your desktop. In this software, you can do your invoicing, bookkeeping, and billing all at one place. You can also track sales and expenses, scan receipts, accept payments and be ready for tax time.
- If you select not to subscribe to any of the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, you can set up payroll in QuickBooks manually.
- QuickBooks Desktop does not allow you to calculate your payroll taxes or provide payroll tax forms. You must manually calculate your payroll tax figures and input them for each paycheck.
- General Features of QuickBooks Payroll Services
- Enhanced Features of QuickBooks Payroll Services
- For more information on processing your payroll manually,click here.
Q2.What payroll service does the user have?
- To know about the service you have activated in QuickBooks Desktop, move to Employees> My Payroll Service> Manage Service Key. Open the QuickBooks Service Keys window, search for the payroll service name in the SERVICE NAME list.
- To view your subscription details (type, price and renewal date) and update your billing information.
- Read : Update billing information for your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription.