Important Printing Tips for Quickbooks | QuickBooks Tutorials
In case you have a page-oriented printer, it’s easier to print copies separately at a time.
It is recommended not to collate your preprinted forms before putting them into the printer. Alternatively, you must start by loading all the Copy 1 forms. Once you have printed all the Copy 1 forms for each vendor, load and print the Copy 2 forms.
Copy A (no perforated) is for the IRS. Copy B (perforated) is for the vendors. Every page prints 2 vendors per page.
Alignment will ask you to choose -1 to bring the print down or +1 to bring the print up. This will raise or lower the print 1/100th of an inch.
Which Envelopes you should to use with Form 1099:
Form 1099 is generally printed two or three to an 8×11 inch sheet. In case at least one form on the page is correctly finished, you should submit the entire page. You should send the forms to IRS in a flat mailing (not folded).
- General Instructions for Certain Information Returns
- Intuit offers 1099 Forms (2 per sheet) with size 8 ” x 11″ including compatible double-window envelopes with size 5 5/8” x 8 3/4″ that are compatible with all versions except 2010 and earlier.
- In case you are printing from QuickBooks desktop Online, compatible with QuickBooks Online Plus only. You can also order them.
- Contractors or vendors should receive copy of their 1099-Misc form by February 1, 2016. The deadline date is the postmarked date.
- The due date to file Copy a of Form 1099-MISC with IRS, in case filing is done through paper form, is on February 29, 2016. If filing electronically, the due date is March 31, 2016.