How To Write Checks In QuickBooks
Checks are the most convenient way of recording business transactions in QuickBooks. Also procedure to record them in the underlying is quite a process.
Below are some easy steps that can be adopted for beginners while recording their first Check transactionâ€™s in QuickBooks.
- Open a Check
- Go to the Plus Sign Menu and under Vendors choose Check.
- Enter Payee Info
- Type the payeeâ€™s name in the Choose a payee field. If this is a new vendor, click Add
When you do this, it will open a New Name window where you can click Details if you want to add more information. Otherwise, you can do this later and just click Save.
- Choose an Account
- Choose either a checking or savings account or you can add a new one.
- Enter Date
- Enter the checkâ€™s payment date, which might not be todayâ€™s date.
- Choose an Account Category
- Under Account Details, click Account and choose the appropriate category for the item or service you bought.
- Add a Description
- In the description field, you can name and describe the item or service you want.
- Check Amount
- In the amount field, type the amount for this check.
- Check Number
- If youâ€™ve handwritten this check, enter the check number. If youâ€™re printing the check, leave the check number blank.
- Printing Checks
- To print just this one check, click Print Check. If youâ€™re going to enter a check and want to print several at once, click Print Later.
- Saving Checks
- Click Save and New to enter the next check, or Save and Close when youâ€™re all done