How to Troubleshoot the Administrator Password
The same problems and possible solutions are mentioned for the user password and it also apply to the administrator password.
- Ensure that you are opening the company file associated with the password.
You can do so by following the given steps:
Click Cancel on the sign-in screen.
Choose File > Open Previous Company.
- Try to open several files to check whether or not your password works in any of them.
- In case a backup copy was created prior to adding the password, you need to restore the backup copy of the company file.
In case you use the QuickBooks Assisted Payroll Service, do are not required to restore a backup. Follow the steps given below:
Drive the password-protected company file to a new location on your hard disk such that the backup does not overwrite it.
Retrieve the password-protected file if you need to send it to Intuit for recovery.
- Input any data that was added after the backup was mademanually.
- In case you are converting the data file and the password is being rejected, try to remove the administrator password in the previous version before starting the conversion.
- In case the QuickBooks administrator password might not work, access the QuickBooks Automated Password Removal Service.