How to Take Local Backup in QuickBooks 2016?
Login to QuickBooks and ensure that you have the same company file open for which backup has to be created.
- Click on the File tab in the menu bar.
- Go to –QuickBooks-File > BackUp company > Create Local Backup
- Select “Local Backup”
- Click “Next”, if you do not want to change the current backup settings else Go to Step 4.
Change current Backup Settings… [* Not Mandatory]
- If you want to change current Backup settings. Click on
Referring the above screenshot….
- Click onto select the location where you want to create a backup.
- It is recommended to choose a Network location [Location on any other system] to save backup so that if there occursthe system failure then you are still available with a complete backup.
- Note that the company file and the backup has to be maintained on different machines.
- If you choose alocation for backup on the same hard drive where the company file exists, then a warning pop up message is displayed on the screen.
- Enter the number of backup copies you wish to maintain. [Minimum 3 suggested]
- Set Reminder to take backup when closing QuickBooks.
- Select the “Complete Verification” option to ensure data integrity [Highly Recommended].
- There are other options available such as “Quicker Verification”or “No Verification”.
- “Quicker Verification” highlights only the major damages in the company files while “No Verification” will bypass data integrity check.
- Click on “OK”.
- This will navigate you to the previous page. Now click “Next”
- Select “ save it now”
- Click on “Finish”.
- The following screen will be displayed to show the backup progress.
- Once the backup is completed the following pop up message will be displayed on the screen.