How to Search & Edit Vendor Records in QuickBooks 2016?
Double click on QuickBooks icon to open it and ensures that you have correct company file open.
- Click on the Vendors tab in the menu bar.
- Go to – Vendors >Vendor Center.
The Vendor information page will be displayed on the screen.
- QuickBooks users will be able to view vendors list with their current balance.
- You can filter vendors with All Vendors, Active vendors, vendors with opening balance or use custom filter for vendor search.
- The “In” fields drop-down gets auto populated with the common fields such as names, address, phone etc.
- Once the filtered record is selected, its information like transactions, contact details etc. gets displayed on the right hand side of the page.
- Double click over the row to edit a vendor. This will navigate you to the Edit vendor page.
- You can edit address, payments, accounts, tax and additional information of vendors.
- Current balance field cannot be edited since it’s a result of the Transactions you have entered for that vendor.