How to Resolve PSXXX Errors in Quickbooks
\While attempting to download payroll updates you will receive an error code that starts with PS and will be followed by a message.
These error codes include the following list PS032, PS033, PS034, PS036, PS058, and PS077.
You need to download the latest payroll updates.
You should have an active QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription.
The given is a list of fixes for this error. You might not need to follow all the steps mentioned below and resolve the issue. It is highly recommended to download the most recent tax table again after few steps.
Step by step process to resolve PXXX
Start your computer again and open QuickBooks Desktop.
View and update QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service account information.
Ensure that youhave only one installation of the same QuickBooks Desktop version. For example, you do not wish two installations of QuickBooks Accountant 2015 installed in different folders on the same machine.
Take backup of your data file.
In case you have two installations of the same version, uninstall the one you are not using.
- Reset QuickBooks Desktop updates.
- Disk delivery users should download the qbwebpatch.exe file from QuickBooks Desktop .
- In case you don’t have an Internet access, you can get the download the file from another computer and then get it installed on the computer running QuickBooks Desktop.
- Turn off UAC. Ensure to turn it back on after you have completed troubleshooting.
- Use User Account Control in Windows.
- Sortthe lists again and certify QuickBooks Desktop data, and then run an error report in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Re-sort lists and run the certify Data/Rebuild Data processes to correct any data damage.
- Learn how to run an error report.
Rename the CPS folder.
you might have an experience of multiple error messages. Continue past them.Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS.
nn stands for the version number of QuickBooks Desktop, such as QuickBooks Desktop 2014 or 2015.Rename the CPS folder CPSOLD.Download the latest tax table.
Ensure to choose Download entire payroll not just changes and additions.
Step 9 :
Run the reboot.bat file.
- Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup.
- Additional steps if you do not have direct deposit or assisted payroll:
- Find and rename the paysub.ini file extension.
- Check for invalid characters, such as extra spaces.
- Remove the legal address on the Company Information or My Company screen and reenter it.
- On the Account Maintenance pages, remove and reenter information in fields such as legal address, company name, and payroll administrator.