How to Reinstall The QuickBooks Program Using Clean Install
When your QuickBooks Desktop program is damaged and simple reinstalling is not resolving the issue, you may need to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop. Rename the installation files and then reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop program. This process is known as Clean Install or Clean Uninstall.
Make sure you have QuickBooks Desktop Download file or installation Disk and installation License before starting the uninstalling the program.
For Quickbooks Reinstall – First Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10
Press Window key + E to open computer window. (For 8 & 10 click computer tab).
Now Click “Uninstall a program” and select QuickBooks Desktop.
If you get an error message that unable to uninstall, so it is recommended to contact a Qualified IT professional.
- For Windows sever 8
Go to Start-Control Panel and then select Uninstall a program.
Select the program you want to remove and click Uninstall.
Manually rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folder
- You have to use Windows explorer to locate and rename each of the locations of the folder listed for your Windows versions.
- It is advisable to add the “old” or “damaged” at the end of your folder name. So, there would be no hassle for QuickBooks to recognize the folder while creating new one.
For you instance, QuickBooks 2014 and later folders for Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10 :-
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- If you get an Error: Access Denied when renaming folders, then open the Task Manager.
Click Processes tab.
Click the Image Name column
Select QBDBMgrN.exe,QBDBMgr.exe,QBCFMonitorService.exe,and Qbw32.exe in the Image Name column.
Click End Process then finally Click Yes.