How to Input and Edit Your Payroll Service Key/Disk Delivery Key In QuickBooks
- A 16-digit service key is assigned to you when you purchase QuickBooks Payroll, and that key is unique to your EIN and payroll service. To activate the payroll service in your QuickBooks file, you must enter this service key.
- If you want to add a new EIN to your existing subscription then you need to learn about the requirements and limitations and how to add an EIN to existing basic, standard or enhanced payroll subscription.
Step by Step Process to Enter or edit your payroll service key/ disk delivery key
- Attain your service key. It is usually delivered by e-mail.
- In case, you do not have your service key, use automated Service Key Retrieval tool. You will be required to sign in using your Intuit Account login.
The automated Service Key Retrieval tool may not work if:
- You have various payroll orders in your system for your company
- Your business phone number does not match with the number that Intuit has on file.
- You have purchased your payroll product from a retail store.
- However, if you are still unable to retrieve your service key using this tool, contact us.
Follow the following steps to open the QuickBooks Service Keys window.
- If there is no payroll service activated in your company file:
- Go to Employees > Payroll > Enter Payroll Service Key.
- If the payroll services are activated in your company file:
- Go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Manage Payroll Service Key.
- In the QuickBooks Service Keys window
- Click Add, if the payroll service is not been listed.
- Click Edit, if a payroll service is already listed.
For the disk delivery service:
- Click on Edit, and note down the service key.
- Delete the service key.
- ClickAdd, and Go to step 4.
In the Service Key field, enter your service key. (If you have the disk delivery service, you will also require to input the recent disk delivery key that you received.
Select Next and then Finish.
Click OK,When the Payroll Update message appears.
Examine that the Service Status is ACTIVE and then click OK twice.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
- Now you can start setting up payroll in QuickBooks.