How to Disable Direct Deposit Temporarily in QuickBooks
Direct deposit can be disabled temporarily for one paycheck only.
Step by Step Process to disable direct deposit temporarily
Locate and open the paycheck.
Select Paycheck Detail.
Clear the Use Direct Deposit checkbox.
Delete the phrase Direct Deposit from the Memo field on the face of the Paycheck
Click Save & Close.
A message will be received advising this action is not recommended since it affects bank reconciliation. Direct Deposit paychecks are automatically marked as reconciled for user’s convenience. Follow the given steps so that you can manually reconcile this paycheck with your other bank transactions.
- Go to Banking > Use Register.
- If your bank account doesn’t open, select your bank account and click OK.
- Locate the paycheck you just unmarked for Direct Deposit.
- Delete the checkmark from the reconciled column (it is indicated with a checkmark).
- Click Record to save your changes.
The next paycheck made for the employee will be marked for direct deposit.
If a paycheck has already been created but not yet sent and you want to have direct deposit on it, then you need to delete that paycheck and create it again.