How to Add Another Company or EIN to Your Subscription in QuickBooks
In our previous tutorial, we have learnt about the requirements and limitations in adding an EIN to an existing QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription. In this tutorial, we will learn:
Step by Step Process to add another company or EIN to your subscription
- Go to Employees >Payroll >Use My Existing Payroll Service.
- If this option is not available,Read:The “Use my existing payroll service“option is not available.
Go to the Account Maintenance window, Choose Add File.
Choose the Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-[SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button.
If you cannot view your own subscription in the list, click Other: I have an existing subscription and a Zip Code and input your information.
If you cannot view the Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-[SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button,it meansthat a payroll service has already been verified in the company file.
If you want to add the EIN under your own or current subscription and if you are already owing a service key in the file, contact us for help in moving the EIN to your current subscription.
As soon as the Review Information window opens, to add the company EIN for no additional charge, click Next.
Select Print, or Return to QuickBooks. A Validating Payroll Subscription window opens and the service is automaticallyadded.
- Validate the Service Key.
- Go to the menu bar.
- Go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Manage Service Keys.
- Select View to display the new service key with an Active Status.
In case you have purchased a subscription from Intuit before creating a payroll company file, the subscription number will be unavailable when you click Use my existing payroll service.
If such a scenario occurs then follow the following steps:
- Take the service key of the EIN you are adding.
- Use our Automated Service Key/Disk Delivery key tool, or
- Contact us.
- When you provide the EIN you are given a unique service key. In case you receive updates by disk, kindly use the automated service key/disk delivery key tool.
- Go to the menu bar, Choose Employees > Payroll > Enter Payroll Service Key.
- Select Add and input the service key as one number with no hyphens.
- In case the company file already has the payroll service key then click Edit instead of Add, and then enter the service key.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- A new Tax Table will be downloaded and payroll functions gets activated in the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- If you require assistance in adding or moving an EIN to another QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced account subscription,