How to activate a payroll service purchased from a retail store| QuickBooks
You may have purchased the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll in a box or bought the payroll service from a retail store. In case you are a new user of the service, you need to follow the instructions mentioned in this tutorial to activate the payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop.
Step by Step process to activate a payroll service purchased from a retail store:-
Open QuickBooks. Go to Employees > Payroll > Install Payroll from Box.
In case you do not observe Install Payroll from Box, your QuickBooks Desktop might have a payroll subscription.
- Create the fields in the Payroll License and Product Information page.
- The Payroll license number of QuickBooks Desktop is displayed on a brightly colored sticker on the folder inside your box.
- The product number is then included in the directions on the folder. These numbers can work together to recognize and verify your Payroll subscription in order to produce a valid service key, that you will use to unlock your payroll subscription.
- Fill the fields in the Payroll Company Legal Information section. All of them are required fields except they are not specified as optional.
- The Payroll Company offers paychecks for its employees, and its Federal employer ID number (EIN) is displayed on the tax filings.
Read the disclaimer in the Billing Information section. Enter the payment and contact information required. The payroll that you have purchased is for 1-year subscription and for a limited number of employees.
The credit card that you enter will be used for the following:
Read the disclaimer billing section.
- Renewal of the subscription – the subscription will automatically get renewed after a year of activating your payroll. You will receive a notification at least 30 days in advance prior to the automatic renewal of your service.
- Fee Per Employee – It depends on the number of employees that you pay in a month, and it is debited in the following month. For Example: The per employee fee for the employees will be paid in January and it will be debited on your billing day of the following month (February).
Log in to your Intuit Account.
- Click the Start Payroll button in the Confirmation.
- Congratulations! Your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service has now been active. In order to get started in using the service, you need to complete the 6 easy steps of the Payroll Setup Interview.
Move for Free QuickBooks hosting Services: Call 1-855-909-3300