How to Activate a Payroll Service Purchased From a Retail Store in QuickBooks
The QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service can be purchased from a retail store or you may buy the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll in a box. As a new user of the service, you need to follow the given steps to activate the payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop.
Step by Step Process toactivate the payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop
- Select Employees > Payroll > Install Payroll from Box.
- If you are not able to view Install Payroll from Box, your Desktop QuickBooks
- may have an existing payroll subscription.
- Contact us to activate your new payroll subscription.
- Complete the fields in the Payroll License and Product Information page.
- The QuickBooks Desktop Payroll license number is identified by a brightly coloured sticker on the folder inside the box.
- The product number is added in the directions on the folder.
- These numbers work together to identify and certify your Payroll subscription and produce a valid service key, which you can use to unlock your payroll subscription.
- Complete the fields in the Payroll Company Legal Information section. All are required fields unless specified as optional.
- The Payroll Company creates paychecks for its employees, and its Federal employer ID number comes on the tax filings.
- The disclaimer in the Billing Information section.
- Input the payment and contact information needed.
If you have purchased a payroll with a 1 year subscription, for fixed number of employees. The credit card entered will be used for the following.
Renew the subscription:
The subscription will get renewed automatically after a year of payroll activation. This will be notified to you at least 30 days prior to the automatic renewal of your service.
Fee per Employee:
- It depends on the number of employees that are paid in a month and is debited the following month.
- For Example: The fee per employee for the employees that are paid in January will be debited on the billing day of the month i.e. February.
Log in to your Account.
- Select the Start Payroll button in the Confirmation.
- Congratulations! You have successfully activated QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service. To start using this service, follow the 6 easy steps of the Payroll Setup Interview.
- If you are unable to activate your new payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop, contact us.