Handling Payroll Service Alert! – Please Update Your Billing Information
- In this tutorial, we will learn how to reactivate your QuickBooks payroll when you get the QuickBooks alert as follows:
- “Payroll Service Alert! Please update your billing information.”
- It means that you were not able to renew the subscription successfully on the date mentioned in the alert. This can be because your credit card or bank account on file is already expired or invalid.
Step by step process to reactivate your QuickBooks Payroll:
Select the Reactivate Account button in Payroll Service Alert window.
Login in using your Intuit Account login. In case you need assistance in signing in, Read Account login help for QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.
Go to the Service Information section, select the Reactivate link.
Review the information related to your payroll services.
Select Proceed to Checkout.
Click Payment Method that is the payment information you need to use to renew the service in the past, or you might select to add a new payment information.
Input the Card Security Code, and then select Submit.
Select Place Order.
- Select Return to QuickBooks.
- In case you want to reactivate at a later time, select Remind Me Later. In order to avoid abrupt interruption of the features of the service, you are given a limited period of time during which you can still get tax table updates and run your payroll.
- Payroll Service Alert! – Your QuickBooks subscription has expired.
- Handling Payroll Service Alert! – Your QuickBooks Payroll account needs attention.
- Subscription Alert! – Update Credit Card in Payroll Center.
- Update Required! – Get Update in Payroll Center.