Exploring More about Processing a late Payroll in Quickbooks
1.What to do when the user cannot avoid creating a late paycheck?
The following things must not be done:
- You must not give your employee a paper check with an earlier date than the date on the payroll you have transmitted to Intuit.
- You must not issue a check outside the payroll module. If you want to create a check, you need to transmit it.
- In both the above cases, the information that you have transmitted to Intuit will not get matched with the paper check.
- If you are liable to an audit by a government agency, itcan be treated as a tax fraud, regardless of intent, since this may appear like an attempt to avoid payroll taxes.
- You may also be liable to penalty fines and interest for incorrect or late filings and payments.
For Assisted Payroll:
If there is an inescapable reason for you to backdate, please contact ourSupport team. Our team will help you through the process to make thingseasier for you.
2. How to find out whether the user is liable to be charged for late payroll processing fee?
For Assisted Payroll only:
- There you will find the Payroll not sent 2 days in advance.
- The payroll processing fee can be searched under the Expenses tab on the QuickBooks Desktop Service Liability Check. There you can find the Payroll Service Fee which is charged when payroll is not sent prior to two banking days to the check date.Get to QuickBooks hosting Start Free. No Credit Card Required