An Overview to Process a Late Payroll | QuickBooks
The Customers who are using QuickBooks Desktop Assisted Payroll or Direct Deposit services are supposed to submit payroll 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time at least 2 banking days before the paycheck date.
A banking day refers to a banking business day (Monday through Friday) that does not include a Federal Reserve Bank holiday, or a state or local holiday. This deadline enables Intuit to process the payroll, properly deposit funds or submit filings on your behalf.
Processing a late payroll can adversely impact your business in the following ways:
- A paycheck on direct deposits takes two banking days to post, so employees do not get paid on time.
- Tax amendments and penalties can be incurred if filing submissions are not entered correctly.
- Any fees, interest or penalties due to the agency will be your responsibility, and you may also have to pay service fees for filing amendments.
- For Assisted payroll, you will be penalized with a Late Payroll Processing Fee If …
- User has an active Intuit Desktop QuickBooks payroll subscription with direct deposit on paycheck or you are on the Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Assisted Payroll service.
How to handle drive payroll processing exceptions in QuickBooks Details about processing a late payroll
For Free QuickBooks hosting ! Start Now. No Credit Card Required | Call 1-855-909-3300