An Overview SUI Rate for Basic, Enhanced or Standard Payroll in QuickBooks
Important Facts about SUI regarding quickbooks site
- Rates are exclusively for your business and issued by your state.
- Rates are not included in the tax table update and critical that you input your current rate in Quickbooks
- It is only paid by the employer, unless you are in a state that desire employees to contribute
- SUI wage base limit is updated by the tax table depending on the state’s requirements, and cannot be manually changed
- Most states update their SUI rate in the starting of the year while others likes New Jersey, Vermont and Tennessee, update their rates in the third quarter of the year.
- In case you have received a notice of the changed rates from your state, read How to Read SUI rate change notifications.
- In case you have Assisted Payroll, read SUI rate change for Assisted Payroll.
- The majority of states includes a surcharge or assessment to State Unemployment.
To make sure that you input the correct percentage rate for the SUI portion:
- Compare the breakdown of rate on your notice with a sample copy for your state. Read SUI rate change notifications.
- In case your state is attached with an assessment or surcharge item, you need to update the rate for that payroll item (as per the requirement) in QuickBooks desktop.
How to change your SUI rate in QuickBooks.