An Overview of Direct Deposit Requirements, Signup, and Activation
Direct deposit in QuickBooks can be used to run payroll and pay your employees. In order to avail this service, you need to sign up and get the QuickBooks features activated.
In order to sign up for Direct Deposit, you must fulfil the following conditions:
- A currently supported QuickBooks version
- QuickBooks payroll subscription which is active.
- An EIN i.e. federal Employer Identification Number
- An access to Internet
- A bank account that can handle Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions
Nominal per-transaction and per-payroll transmission charges may apply. Terms, pricing, conditions ,features, service options, and support subject to change without giving prior notice.
Things to Remember :
- The payroll information must betransmitted to Intuit before 5:00 p.m. Pacific time at least 2 business banking days prior to the check date.
- You can also send Intuit your payroll details up to 45 days in advance of check date.
- Direct Deposit needs an Internet access. Your QuickBooks software and Direct Deposit will provide a protected Internet connection that will safeguards against unauthorized access to your payroll information while it’s being transmitted.
- Direct Deposit can be delivered to an Intuit paycard.
- Suppose, 2 business days has passed but the check date falls on a non-banking day, the funds will gettransferred in the Employee’s bank account on the next business day.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Direct Deposit requirements, signup, and activation
- Timeline for Direct Deposit Processing
- How to sign up for Direct Deposit