How To Block Former Employee’s Access To Office 365 Data And Email?
This is one of the most common questions how to block the access of someone who leaves the organization? Here are some simple steps to block the access of a former employee to Office 365 and to keep the data save from being misused. An important that you need to remember is that it takes about 24 hours to take effect and if you want restrict access, you can reset the password of that particular account. Below are the techniques of permanent blocking access
Blocking access to Office 365 data-
- Sign in with your global admin account at https://portal.office.com/adminportal/home
- After reaching Office 365 Admin Center, select users
- Select employee you want to block and select Edit next to Sign-in status
- On the Sign-in status pane, select Sign-in blocked and Save.
Make sure you remove user from on-premises Blackberry Enterprise Service and disable any Blackberry devices for the user.
Blocking access to email (Exchange Online)
If Office 365 email is the part of your Office 365 subscription, you need to block the employee accessing their emails. This can be done by long in to Exchange admin center and follow these steps-
- Firstly, sign in with Office 365 global admin account at https://portal.office.com/adminportal/home.
- In the admin center, expand Admin centers and Select Exchange from lower-left navigation pane
- From Exchange admin center, go to Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select the user, go to user properties page, from Mobile Devices, click Disable Exchange ActiveSync and Disable OWA for Devices and confirm by clocking yes to both
- Under the option of Email Connectivity, click Disable and confirm the answer in yes