Workflow Tasks and History in SharePoint 2013
On creating workflows on lists & libraries, task and workflows history lists are secondary lists utilized.
Every workflow does not use of task list essentially; however, every workflows does write to workflow history list in sharepoint 2013.
- Use of tasks in workflows is pretty substantial. By assigning suitable tasks to the participants of workflows, you can allocate specific accountability to individuals.
- As you can easily rely on workflows for assigning tasks as essential part of your pre-defined business processes and also automatically follow up with various individuals, you tend to become more & more efficient in your daily work.
- On assigning tasks by using workflows actions, such tasks look slightly different from other tasks that are created normally in a task list. This is due to the reason that workflows add new content types automatically to task lists.
- Every SharePoint site has a built-in list known as workflow history. All the workflow running on site get logged in this specific list that includes all errors as well.
- This ultimately provides you good idea of workflow status pages and related troubleshooting.
- Workflow history is sorted automatically in ascending order according to “Date Occurred”. However, you can also create your own views for purposes of sorting and filtering.