Workflow Status and Information in SharePoint 2013
When a specific workflow is in progress and after its completion, a workflow status page appears that can be easily viewed.
- Whenever a new workflow gets published for first time on a SharePoint 2013 list or library, always there is a new column automatically added to the list’s default view.
- The name of the column is the workflow name.
- This column includes the workflow’s status text like whether In Progress or Completed. This specific status text appears as a link to workflow Status page for that specific workflow, specific to list item.
Following are the different sections of workflow status page
- This section in workflow status page shows different basic facts pertaining to who initiated the workflow, when was it started, and what is the current status.
- Here, you will get a link called “Terminate this workflow” which proves to be quite useful in context to errors.
- Whenever a workflow gets simply stuck, you need to terminate the workflow so that you can again modify, publish, and try it again.
- This provides a complete list of all tasks that have completed so far or tasks that are currently in progress. You need to click any specific task’s name in order to open it.