Major Button Types in SharePoint Document Library
On viewing a SharePoint document library page, you will find several buttons. Each of these buttons has a specific purpose. In this tutorial, we will learn about some of the most crucial of these buttons.
Different Button Types in Document Library
Upload Document Button :-
This button is located on the ribbon’s Files tab. It supports uploading of single/multiple files to the document library. So, a single click on this button will allow you upload files to your library as required.
Open with Explorer Button :-
This button is located on the ribbon’s Library tab. With this button, you can open the document library in a folder of Windows Explorer-type. This feature essentially requires using Internet Explorer 7.0 or another later version.
- You can use this button to do following
- Drag and drop multiple files into folders
- Delete multiple files all at once
- Create new folders in the same manner as is done while interacting with standard Windows file folder
This section of buttons is unique to the SharePoint document library. It is located on the ribbon’s Files tab and allows you to interact with a document by –
- Simply downloading a document copy
- Sending the copy to another location
- Creating a document workspace
- Managing file copies within the system
We hope this tutorial fully explains all major SharePoint document library page buttons.