HOW TO CREATE AN ALERT IN SHAREPOINT 2013
SharePoint alerts help you to stay informed whenever there is a specific change in content. Alerts in SharePoint 2013 keep you informed whenever any update is done besides allowing you customize the amount of information you receive. You can set alerts for list, library, file, folder, or list item.
Depending on the configuration of your site, alerts are received in the form of text messages or e-mail.
In this tutorial, we will learn the method to create an e-mail alert in SharePoint 2013.
Following are the steps for the same –
Navigate to the location where the alert is to be added. In our case, we selected “Documents”
Click “Alert Me” > “Set Alert on this Library”
- In the “Documents – New Alert” page, enter details as given below –
- Set Alert Title to “Documents”
- Make sure “Delivery Method” is set as “E-mail” and “Change Type” is set to “All Changes”
Finally, click OK to save changes
- Next, click “Manage Alerts” to view the alert
- Your new alert will now be displaying under the “My Alerts on this Site” page
As per your requirement, you can choose how frequently you want to get the alerts whenever any changes to any specific items are done.
If you require any further details on SharePoint 2013, browse through our tutorials on SharePoint.