Learning to Create New Mailbox at Exchange Server 2007 or 2010
For creating a new mailbox at Exchange Server 2007 and 2010 perform the following steps:
You should be duly equipped with the Exchange administrative permissions to perform the creation of the new mailbox.
Open Exchange Management Console and then expand the Recipient Configuration.
Choose Mailbox option and then select New Mailbox option in mailbox pane.
Choose the User Mailbox option and then click on Next.
Step 4 :
- In the User Type window, Administrator is allowed to choose either to create a new user or to assign an existing user to the new mailbox.
- In case Administrator chooses to assign it to an existing user, then Administrator will have to check, if the account already has a mailbox associated with it or not. Select Next to continue.
In the User Information window, Administrator has suppose to fill the personal information of the user and choose the Organization Unit where it is going to be created. Then, Select Next button.
On the Mailbox Settings page, Administrator is permitted to define the mailbox information such as Mailbox Server, Alias, and Mailbox Store where the new mailbox is going to be housed. The policies for Mailbox and ActiveSync are also allowed to be defined in this step. Administrator can select which fields we are going to fill out and then click on Next to continue.
In the New Mailbox Window, administrator is going to get a summary of all the information which he chosen in the previous steps. These parameters are going to be used by the Power Shell engine for the creation of this mailbox object. To create the mailbox, press on New option.
- In the Completion window, Administrator is going to see the cmdlet New-mailbox and the parameters that he used in the creation process of this new mailbox.
- Finally, the screen of the New Mailbox Wizard is displayed, showing the cmdlet used in the creation of the mailbox.
- After performing the above steps, click on Apply and then on the OK button, as shown in the screen.
To create a user via Exchange Management Shell, Administrator can execute the following cmdlet
- New-Mailbox –alias -name -Database – Organization Unit Users –User Principal Name
- In case Administrator does not type all the essentially required parameters, Administrator is going to get a prompt asking for the parameters which are missing.
- In the given screen, Password prompt is shown to fill out the password. Users gets created after entering the password.