Installation of Exchange 2016-Learning to Setup Round Robin for high availability
In case your company not interested on doing expenditure on a hardware or software load balancer, then Round Robin DNS is good opt solution for your organization. This requires that you have got 2 Exchange servers.
Outcomes is going to look like this
|Mail.domain.local||Host (A)||192.168.0.4 (Exchange1)|
|Mail.domain.local||Host (A)||192.168.0.5 (Exchange2)|
|Autodiscover.domain.local||Host (A)||192.168.0.4 (Exchange1)|
|Autodiscover.domain.local||Host (A)||192.168.0.5 (Exchange2)|
|Same as a parent||Mail Exchanger (MX)||Exchange01.domain.local|
|Same as a parent||Mail Exchanger (MX)||Exchange02.domain.local|
In case you have .com as local zone in your DNS, the above records have to be created there as well.
Use inbuilt Windows Server backup option tools, to avoid log disk getting full. A very significant notice here is that it DOES NOT support and backup single item recovery. It will rather backup and recover a whole database. In case you need single item recovery, then this might not be a right tool for you. Tools which support single item recovery generally cost a bit.
- On your Exchange Server, begin Server Management – click on Add functional roles and features
- Click on “Next” Button
- Leave the default value and now, click on “Next” button
- Now Click on “Next”
- then, Click on “Next” again
- Scroll down till you observe Windows server Backup and now, check it to install and then Click on “Next”
- Check for Restart in case it is required and then click on “Install”
- Now, Click on “Close”
- Search to find out for Windows Server Backup and then click on it to begin
- Then Click on the Local Backup, while finished loading right click and select the Backup Schedule
- Now, Click on the “Next”
- Choose Custom and then click over the button “Next”
- Now, Click on Add items , then select your Database and then Log Disk and click on “OK”
- Now Click on Advanced Settings
- Click on VSS Settings and then select VSS Full Backup and then click on “OK” button
- Now, Click on “Next” button
- Select your desired settings and then click on “Next” button
- In case you have dedicated a volume for backup then choose it and then click over “Next” button
- Click on Add then Select your Volume and then click on “OK”
- Now, Click on Next
- Now, Confirm on your settings and then click over the “Finish” button
Notice: This is going to override earlier backup, hence everything is going to be replace with latest version! In case you want to keep the old version intact then you have to configure another backup of that respective disk!