Installation of Exchange 2016-Configure Exchange Server
In this Section of the tutorial, we are going to configure Virtual Directories, Mapi, build a new Database and request for a new certificate.
Configure the Virtual Directories
- When IE starts, we will be greeted by a warning.
- Now, Login with your domain admin user. (You might experience slow login, this is obvious and normal during first time login).
- Navigate and surf to Servers and click on edit button. In the new opened window click on Outlook Anywhere on the screen then add External and Internal hostname (In case you wish to keep your certificate easy and simple, you can add *.com as internal and external hostname. In case you do so, you must create internal DNS for your .com zone, we will go thru certificate request later on sometimes).Select on “Save” to save your changes.
- To Select Click on virtual directories – ECP – Edit
- Now select if by performing click twice on EWS, on the new window add internal and external url (*.com on both in case you want) then select option “save”. (Ignore error regarding Internal url might not be resolved, we are going to fix it later in DNS section)
- Press Click twice on Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync and then edit Internal and External URL. (Ignore error while performing save)
- Press Click twice on OAB and then edit Internal and External Url, then do save.
- Select by Click twice on OWA and then edit Internal and External Url, then select save button.
- PowerShell virtual directory might be left as default
Go on tools -–> come on “ internet options” –-> select “security” –-> now select “Local Intranet” –-> now come on “Sites” and now “add it to the zone”. Then, Close “ Internet Options” and now refresh the page.
In the new window, edit Internal and external url (again both can be *.com) and save.