Exchange 2016: Details Templates
Details templates mainly control the appearance of the object properties which are accessed by using address lists in an email client, like Microsoft Outlook.
- For instance, when a user opens an address list in Outlook, then the properties of the recipients in that address list are shown as defined by the details template which exists in your Exchange organization.
- The following figure describes the properties of the recipient Kim Akers as it appears in Outlook 2013. Using the Details Templates Editor in Exchange 2013 Toolbox, you may edit or modify the organization of and content within the various objects which appear on this property page.
Default details template as viewed from Outlook 2013
- You are allowed to use the default details template or you are allowed to customize the template to better suit the requirements of your users.
- The objects can be tailored and customized by changing field sizes, adding or deleting fields, appending or removing tabs, and rearranging fields.
- The layout of these templates might vary by language.
Use the Details Templates Editor to tailor and customize the following Outlook objects:
- Public folders
- Mailbox agents
- Search dialog boxes