Lacerte Tax Year 2016 Login Requirements for Identity Authentication
In this tutorial, we will provide complete security to our products just to increase productivity and its performance because security is our top most priority. We are committed to provide helping safeguard customer information.
For Tax Year 2016, new industry wide standards established or announced through the IRS Security Summit process which requires professional tax software vendors and also includes Intuit just to validate each individual user’s identity.
Intuit is implementing these changes in the Intuit ProConnect Lacerte software program so that upon every program start or launch, all individual users associated with a firm must log in.
Here is a summary of the changes for Tax Year 2016 which is as follows:-
- Tax Year 2016 software will require a login for each user of the software, including sole proprietors.
- This is the same login as we used in the past. If you already have an existing online account, your firm administrator will need to provide access as outlined in the Required Steps below.
- Each tax software user will need to have their own unique username and a strong password (at least 8 characters, upper, lower case, digit and special characters) to sign in to the Lacerte program as that’s all things are necessary for security prospective.
30-minute inactivity log off
- As of October 12, the IRS Security Summit members increased the original 15 minute time out period to 30 minutes.
- Users will need to be required to login every 24 hours or after 30 minutes of inactivity. After you have signed into your tax software, you will remain logged into your tax software as long as possible or your computer is active (i.e. using other non-tax programs, actively browsing the internet, printing, etc.).
- After 30 minutes of inactivity, you will be required to sign back in with your secure and unique username and password. An example of inactivity would be; you need to step away from your computer for more than 30 minutes.
- This new required standard from the IRS Security Summit will be industry-wide in Tax Year 2016 and was designed to provide the same type of protection from unauthorized and unsanctioned data access to sensitive financial data as found in the online banking industry.
Passwords must be changed every 90 days.
- It’s necessary for Every user will be prompted to change their password every 90 days. Enforcing a software password that requires quarterly changes is becoming an industry standard best practice for safeguarding taxpayer data and also that’s the best technique according to security prospective.
- To avoid delays in accessing your 2016 software when available, view & complete the Required Steps below to facilitate this process today!
What Do I Need to Do?
Verifying Current Access Using Your 2015 Program:-
If you accessed our add-on products in Tax Year 2015, you should already have access. i.e. E-signature, Link, Password Protected PDF, etc.
You can easily access your connected services by clicking on this givenm symbol which is present in the upper right hand corner of the program window.
- Firstly, Open the 2015 Lacerte program.
- Go to Settings option.
- Select Connected Services.
- Select Sign In/Sign Out option.
- Enter your My Account (My Lacerte) and its necessary credentials (email or user ID and password).
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Upon successful sign in, the login screen will disappear.
- Once you have verified access in the 2015 Lacerte program, no additional action or any formality is required. If you do not have access or you would like to invite additional users, follow the applicable steps given below.
Multiple Intuit Acounts:
If you have multiple Intuit accounts associated with your login, the following window will appear. Please select the account associated with your Lacerte tax program.