Finally The VMware App Volumes Technical FAQ Is Published
VM Appliance or VMware app is pre-built, pre-configured software that can be easily installed in a virtual machine. Today this app is being using many companies as it has proved to be very fruitful for them.
Recently the VMware App Volumes of Technical FAQ have been published. As we all now FAQ is series of question and answer pertaining ti the VMware App volumes. The questions regarding the app are divided into different sections which include requirements and maximum, installation and configuration, storage, management, using the App Volume with Remote Desktop Session Host as well as troubleshooting. The present FAQ that ahs been released is about the App Volumes 2.7 and presently the App volume 2.9 is being formulated.
Here are the glimpses of the questions and answers that you will find the FAQ.
- How does the App Volume tackle conflicts? For example, when any user has two AppStacks connected with the same application that is installed in each of the AppStack, which application would be available to the user?
- In case there is any conflict, the last AppStack that is connected to the presented first. Lets see the example: <AppStack1>and <AppStack2>both contain Microsoft Word 2013. If <AppStack2> is attached to the last, its Microsoft Word application is presented to the user.
Important: The administrators need to ensure that there are no conflicts in the applications. In case two versions of the same application are needed, you can use VMware ThinApp packagingto keep away the two app, and this is what will prevent the application conflict.
- My infrastructure is slow drive and that’s why it takes time to initialize the 20GB AppStack template for a new one. Can I optimize this?
- Yes, you can do it. The size of the default AppStack is 20GB. However, the size can be reduced by creating a new AppStack template.
- What are the best practices for Microsoft Office installation?
- It is always better that you install Office core applications in the base virtual desktop image and make one AppStack for non-core Office applications, such as Visio, Project, or Visio and Project together. To provision the AppStack with Visio and Project, use a provisioning machine with the same Office core applications as on the base image. Once the AppStack is created, you can then assign the AppStack only to those users who require these non-core Office applications.
This was just a teaser of the FAQ, to know more check out the whole VMware app volume now.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint