The Complete Installation of Project Server 2013 – Prerequisites
Like any other server, a project server also has a hardware and the software requirements.
The first thing to consider before planning the hardware requirements for project server 2013 is its usage requirements. Usage requirements include variables like a number of projects, tasks, users, average tasks per project, etc.
By examining the effects of data sets on the working capacity of project server 2013, comparison of numbers from your framework with corresponding small, medium or large datasets is possible.
Basically, the analysis of datasets and usage requirements is the starting point for selecting a suitable framework of hardware.
Hardware largely used for small datasets in project server 2013
Recommended hardware topology for a small datasets scenario is a single–server deployment that has the following three tiers:
- SQL Server
- Application server
- Front-end web server
Minimum requirements for the hardware are:
Additional free disk space is usually required during production use for day-to-day operations. For that approx. two times as much free space as you have RAM for production environments.
Hardware requirements for medium data sets under project server 2013
Recommended hardware topology for a medium datasets scenario is a single–server deployment that has the following three tiers:
- Server 1: Front-end web server
- Server 2: Application server
- Server 3: SQL Server
Hardware requirements in the case of front-end web server and application server is:
Hardware requirement for SQL server
Hardware requirements for large datasets in project server 2013
In the case of large data sets, an extensive amount of data is one of the biggest worries. The most common framework used under large datasets situation is 4x2x1.
While the hardware requirements for the front-end web server and the application server remain the same as in medium dataset situation, the major changes were made in the requirements for SQL Server.
Hardware requirements for SQL server:
For more tips and insights about other enterprise software from Microsoft, do subscribe to our blog posts.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services