Steps to Configure WSUS 3.0 SP2 on Windows Server
Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) is a feature of Windows Server. It is a patch and modernize tool that provides an operational and fast way to aid you in getting secure and stay protected. It signifies the first step toward providing essential software delivery and update management set-up in Windows. It has both a server and client factor. You need to follow the steps mentioned below for WSUs 3.0 SP2 configuration.
- On completing the WSUS setup, the WSUS configuration Wizard is launched. Click Next.
- Select the first option if you want to coordinate from Microsoft Update. In case you have a WSUS server existing in your environment, choose the second option Synchronize from another WSUS server providing the server name and port number.
- Set Sync Schedule to Synchronize inevitably, set the time for first association. Select Synchronizations per day to “1”. This means the Synchronization happens inevitably at a specific time every day.
- Click Next. This will launch the WSUS administrator console and will create the initial synchronization.
- We will now configure Automatic Approval Rule; with this the updates would be permitted, downloaded and installed on the client computers.
- On the WSUS Console, click on Options, click Automatic Approvals. Check the Default Automatic Approval Rule.
- By default, all the computers that are exposed are located under all computers, Unassigned Computers. Click on Automatic Approvals, click Advanced Tab.
- On the Automatic Approval window, select the rule and click Edit. Check the box “When an update is in an exact product” and in the edit the properties section, select the product as Windows 7. The update will be permitted for all computers. Click OK.
- Click Run Rule. The Updates will be approved now.
- Check out the WSUS Console for the Approval Status of All Updates. The Approval Status now shows Installed.
- Log into Domain Controller by using domain administrator account. Click on Start, Administrative tools, Group Policy Management. Right click the domain and click create a GPO in this domain and link it here.
- Provide a name to the policy WSUS Update policy and right click and Edit the policy.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration Policies> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Windows Update.
- Double click the policy Specify intranet Microsoft update service location. Click Enabled, and under options the link as the intranet updates service for detecting updates. Click on Apply and OK.
- On the same page, click on the policy configure Automatic updates. Under options select the 3-Auto Download and notify for install. Click Apply and OK. Close the Group policy management console. After some time, you can see a windows update notification on client machine. When you double click the windows update icon, you see that some significant updates are accessible.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint