How to Restore QuickBooks Backup Easily
Steps to Restore Company file to QuickBooks
Follow these steps to restore from QuickBooks hosted to your local PC.
Step 1: The foremost step is to save a backup copy (.QBB) or portable backup (.QBM) to your local machine, for example, your desktop. In case, you have a backup on an external USB drive, move it to your desktop first.
Step 2: Login to Hosted QuickBooks
Step 3: Now, Click on Open or Restore an Existing Company File.
Step 4: Select the file you want to upload to QuickBooks Hosted:that can be “Restore a backup copy” or “Restore a portable file” depending on the requirement.
Step 5: Select “Local Backup” and click Next.
Step 6: Once you have opened the local backup, Click on the drop down box and browse to where your file is located on your C: drive
E.g. to get to the Desktop it may be:
Windows 7: C:\Users\\Desktop
Windows XP: C:\Documents \\Desktop
Step 7: Browse to and select the backup file (.QBB or .QBM) then press Ctrl + C together (copies the file)
Step 8: You need to Select the drop down box and move back to the Q: drive.
Step 9: Press Ctrl + V for a single user, if there are multi-user accounts then double click on the Shared Company folder (usually .lnk) and press Ctrl + V. This will begin the uploading of the file.
Step 10: Once the file has been uploaded, select the file name and click on “Open.”
Before entering your password (if applicable) for your company file, follow any screen prompts that appear till your file is being restored completely.
The process needs to be followed only once for each file that is required to be uploaded.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services