QuickBooks Online Payroll : Different Functions performed in ViewMyPaycheck
In this article, we will learn about the different functions performed in ViewMyPaycheck in QuickBooks online payroll.
1. Uploading paycheck information to ViewMyPaycheck
Once you have signed up ViewMyPaycheck for your organization, you have a couple of options:
• Each time you run QuickBooks Enterprise online payroll and send your payroll paychecks to Intuit, your payroll information is uploaded to VMP. You can move to Employees > Send Payroll Data. When the Send/Receive Data window opens select Send All. Input your payroll PIN and complete the send process.
• You can also upload prior (It is also known as historical) paycheck information.
2. Functions in ViewMyPaycheck
Employees can see the latest and any prior pay stub that their employer uploads to ViewMyPaycheck. Here’s an example of what employees can see:
- ViewMyPaycheck itemizes the recent and year-to-date earnings and deductions so you always know how your paycheck was calculated and where your money has been transferred.
- If you requires a printed copy of your pay stub. Then, that’s not a problem. Select Save as PDF to save a PDF copy of it on your computer and then get it printed for your records.
- In case you want to be notified at any time a new pay stub is uploaded to ViewMyPaycheck, then go to Preferences and select the Send me an email when new pay stubs are available checkbox.
3. Signing Up & Signing In
Checklist before signing in:
1. You need to check with your employer to view if ViewMyPaycheck is available for your organization or not.
2. Ensure that you have your Social Security number (SSN) in hand and the net amount of your last paycheck issued by the organization. The net amount is the take-home pay. You will require this information to verify who you are and match you with the correct company and paycheck information.
Step by Step process to sign up:
Go to ViewMyPaycheck (https://paychecks.intuit.com/).
Click Sign Up.
Login for an Intuit account. An Intuit account permits you to access multiple sites and products with a single user ID and password.
You will be asked to provide an email address, a password, and a security question and answer, in case you are asked to recover your password.
In case you have already used an Intuit product, such as TurboTax, then you might already have an Intuit account. If you already have one account, Intuit will prompt you to use that account to sign up for ViewMyPaycheck.
Input your SSN and the net pay amount from your last paycheck issued by the organization and then select all done!
Follow the onscreen instructions.
Login to an Intuit account. An Intuit account permits you to access multiple sites and products with one user ID and password.
4. Use of ViewMyPaycheck for multiple companies
ViewMyPaycheck can be used for multiple companies. If every employer has established their company for ViewMyPaycheck, then you can see your paychecks from multiple companies.
Prior of adding another company, ensure that you have your Social Security number (SSN) at present and the net amount of your last paycheck is issued by the company.
The remaining amount is your take-home pay.
Step by Step process to add another company:
Log in to ViewMyPaycheck (https://paychecks.intuit.com/).
Click the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner of the View Paycheck window and choose View my paychecks from another company.
Input your SSN and the net pay amount from your last paycheck get issued by the company.
Follow the instructions given onscreen to add the company to ViewMyPaycheck.
Once you have added the company, then you can sign in to ViewMyPaycheck with the login credentials and then uses the drop-down in the upper-right corner of the ViewMyPaycheck window to switch between the companies.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
In case you want to be notified any time a new pay stub is uploaded to ViewMyPaycheck, do the following:
Log in to ViewMyPaycheck (https://paychecks.intuit.com/).
Choose the Send me an email when new pay stubs are available checkbox.
The next time your employer will uploads your paycheck information to ViewMyPaycheck, you will get an email at the address associated with your ViewMyPaycheck account.
A question might come to your mind that is there other email notifications. You might receive email confirmation where you can update your account information.
Availability of mobile application
Currently, there are no native mobile app that can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. Although, ViewMyPaycheck is optimized for mobile devices. You are only required to open your mobile browser and go to https://paychecks.intuit.com/.
Frequently asked Questions:
#Q1. Can the user view their W-2 online in ViewMyPaycheck?
You need to check with your employer about W-2 availability in ViewMyPaycheck.
For more information about viewing W-2s in ViewMyPaycheck, you need to go to View W-2s in ViewMyPaycheck.
#Q2. How can the user get help with ViewMyPaycheck?
In case you have questions about using ViewMyPaycheck, choose the question mark icons (?) available on the ViewMyPaycheck website.
In case you have questions about your paycheck, including how it’s calculated and what is displayed on the paychecks or stub, or when the money has been deposited in your bank account in case you have direct deposit, please contact your employer.
#Q3. What if the user have questions about using ViewMyPaycheck?
In case you have questions about using ViewMyPaycheck, select the question mark icons (?) available on the ViewMyPaycheck website. In ViewMyPaycheck, you can select Support at the top of the window and then select the chat button to start a session.
#Q4. What to do if the employees have questions about paycheck amounts or calculations?
Employees who have questions in their mind about their paychecks, including how it’s calculated, what shows up on the pay stubs, or may be when the money is deposited in the bank should contact their employer.
- Angeela is Techarex Networks' Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as an eCommerce and Marketing Strategist for the last five years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM and Email Marketing. Angeela thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Angella admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.