Understanding Trial balance feature in QuickBooks Online Accountant
Intuit has come up with a new trial balance feature in QuickBooks online accountant.
The intention is to make it easier for the accountants to maintain data and records of their clients into Intuit Tax Online.
In order to save time and efforts, the user can easily do all the necessary tasks required to prep that data of the client for a tax return.
As per Intuit’s research, 85% of the tax preparers are still using a manual process to prepare tax papers and doing manual entries into their tax application.
The job includes exporting the accounting system’s data to Excel followed by making year-end adjustments and corrections then posting this information back to the accounting system, and finally rekeying the information into the tax application.
The average time consumed for the entire process is of 5.3 hours, and reaching as high as 22 hours, per return.
QuickBooks Online Accountant Trial Balance feature is introduced to serve the following purposes:
- Speed up your year-end review process
- Perpetuate your work (saving your notes, attachments, and worksheets)
- Eliminate manual data entry
Now let’s discuss how it works:
QuickBooks Online Accountant
Focus on the client list after logging in to QBOA. Point the cursor over the box in the TAX,” column. Click on the Start review link that appeared.
A snapshot of your client’s accounts will be recorded. It means that if the client makes changes to records in this tax period, then it won’t make changes in the work that you have already done. The Trial balance is displayed as follows.
Once the adjustments are over and you are ready to post to Intuit Tax online, move to Tax Mapping tab available on the Trial balance page.
This resembles the “Book to Tax” feature of QBO. Most of the accounts will be mapped to the proper tax lines by the QuikBooks online accountant automatically. Also, you can manually assign accounts to the proper tax lines that aren’t automatically mapped, or correct any that you feel are in error.
Once the mapping is correct, click on the post to tax return button. You will get an option to view previous return, create a new one, or carry forward the prior year balance.
If you will select an existing return, you will get a list of the drop-down menu with the available returns.
The program will tell you that it is posting the return, and later tell you that the return is ready for review.
The return in Intuit Tax Online is shown in the following screenshot:
Get free quickbooks in cloud by using quickbooks hosting.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services