QuickBooks Desktop vs QuickBooks Online vs Hosted QuickBooks
For years, Intuit has been promoting QuickBooks new version– QuickBooks Online. One question that many accountants have grown increasingly worried was: “Is Intuit going to phase out the desktop editions?” .The answer to this question is “No.”
Consultants and Pro Advisors of QuickBooks have always recommended for the desktop version after examining the client’s requirement and have avoided suggesting QuickBooks Online (QBO).
The gradual development of hosted QuickBooks on the cloud have been introduced in practice in the technological world.
For an entrepreneur who has just started a new business or running a small to medium-sized business, it’s become necessary to choose the best accounting software for your business.
It is an important decision to choose the right accounting software that will maximize your business productivity.
Both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop are valuable in their own way, but QuickBooks Desktop have certain advantages over QuickBooks Online.
Is QuickBooks Desktop is better than QuickBooks Online?
The QuickBooks Desktop version helps the user to download the software and access it any time from systems within the premises.
The user does not need any internet connection to work on the software since all the crucial data and files are stored on the hard drive of the computer.
There are some features that QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Enterprise have that QuickBooks Online does not.
- Sales Orders
- Inventory Assemblies
- Progress Invoicing
- Receiving Partial Purchase Orders,
- Item Receipts
- Balance Sheet by Class
- QuickBooks Statement Writer
- Budget vs. Actuals for Jobs
- Comparison between budget and accrual job costing.
- Advanced Excel Report
- Mileage tracker
- Balance Sheet Preparation
With QuickBooks Enterprise and the optional feature:
- Serial Number/Lot Number Tracking
- Multiple Warehouse Locations
Due to these exceptional features, QuickBooks Desktop is more expensive than QuickBooks Online. But, yet companies prefer it to satisfy their business requirements completely.
The companies that require the features of the desktop version has mostly been satisfied by the multi- user and anytime anywhere access capabilities through the hosted environment.
Attractive Plans Available for Application Hosting
It can be predicted that QuickBooks Desktop will come to an end in near future and will be replaced by hosted QuickBooks.
Those businesses that have or have not experience with the desktop versions may go directly to hosted QuickBooks to avail the following benefits.
- The 24/7 availability of QuickBooks
- No upgrading/updating required.
- The App Center and mobile capabilities of hosted QuickBooks
- Hosted QuickBooks is robust enough to satisfy business needs.
For more tips and insights related to QuickBooks and other Intuit software, subscribe to our blog posts.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services