4 Major Mistakes committed in QuickBooks and Their Solutions
QuickBooks is one of the most used accounting software for small and medium sized businesses. It has been refashioning the methods of the accounting operations that are being dispatched.
Over a period of time, QuickBooks has become popular among businessmen due to its bug-free and user-friendly behavior, contributing to increase in the business productivity.
Though the second face of coin shows a different story. I have seen businesses that are continuously struggling with QuickBooks usage due to their unknowingly committed mistakes.
Reverse to the increase in business productivity, some mistakes can make QuickBooks create a mess of the accounting. When mistakes are encountered in accounting, they are termed as blunders for business. Nothing less.
However, the number of such businesses is very small or even negligible, but I think it is worth considering that issue. I would have assumed that QuickBooks is not suitable for certain type of businesses but few researchers brought some interesting results.
Few incorrect methods that are adopted while using QuickBooks are as follows:
1. Using By Default Mode
QuickBooks is designed to provide support to maximum number of clients and its default settings are maintained accordingly.
However, each business has some traits that require some customization with the default settings for increased performance.
I have observed few users hesitate to do such customizations and compromise their user experience by using the ‘by default’ settings.
This results in generating errors or requires you to perform some tasks manually. Dealing with such situations at times becomes very time consuming.
View the QuickBooks default settings. Go through the help manuals available on Intuit website and customize them as per your business requirements.
2. Choosing The Wrong Version of QuickBooks
When I come across selecting versions of QuickBooks software, I found that ‘they are more or less the same’. If I will work with this mindset, it will create problems for my business.
Hosted QuickBooks with Techarex Networks can be the best choice. Gather your business requirements by analyzing your business size, available infrastructure, number of available users, etc., to decide on the best suitable QuickBooks versions.
3. Ignoring Passwords
Accountants using QuickBooks must not take their access rights for granted. Accounting details are meant to be kept secretly. You must keep the login credentials safe so as to avoid its public access.
There are some credible security and privacy features for QuickBooks. These features can be used to keep your crucial data safe and protected.
4. Letting Inefficient Person Work on QuickBooks
If an unskilled employee is working on QuickBooks, it will ruin the business accounts.
This issue is usually faced by the new QuickBooks users. To avoid this you may have an adequate QuickBooks training session for the accountants.
Hope analyzing these mistakes will provide you a new perspective on looking at your bookkeeping and managing your accounting systems more efficiently. For more tips and advice on QuickBooks and other accounting software, subscribe to our blog posts.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services