How to search a QuickBooks QBW File?
QuickBooks is the most demanded software among accountants and businesses to manage financial matters without making any mistake.
The application is helpful in managing everything from company’s account receivables to bank transfers. The application maintains/stores finances and related matters in a file with an extension .QBW.
By using this accounting software, you can access, copy and move the file for backup purposes or may also import the file into another version of QuickBooks.
Still there may be a situation when you fail to find a QuickBooks company file. The clients may click on QuickBooks icon but fail to find a company file they are actually looking.
No need to worry as it is a common issue and you can easily get back your required file by simply following steps given below:
Things to Know
Before you make an effort to restore the file, here are a few things to know:
- The application called QuickBooks stores the data in a file with an extension .QBW or .QB
- You can create multiple backup files for your valued data. These files can use the extension .QBB or .dmg
- If you want the best results, you can restore the QuickBooks backup file in case it is available.
Locating Via QuickBooks
Step 1: Click twice on the QuickBooks icon on desktop or you may click on start> all programs> QuickBooks folder. Double click on QuickBooks folder icon.
Step 2: Click two times on the company file appearing on QuickBooks web hosting startup screen. Press and hold “ctrl” key and then press 1. This will launch the product information window.
Step 3: A directory path will appear, look at it and follow that to reach to your QuickBooks company file.
These are easy and quick steps to reach to company file and access it instantly.
Besides this, there is one more way to restore the company file. Locate through window search. Here are the steps for the same:
Locating Via Windows Search
Step 1: Click on start> control panel> appearance and personalization. Click on folder options> view tab. Later on, click on hidden files, folder and driver enlisted under advanced settings. Click OK to view hidden files on the computer.
Step 2: Click start and enter .qbw in the “search program and files” box. You will immediately get the results in the search box.
Step 3: Right-click the “*.qbw” file and select the option you want from the sub-menu, if required. You can also write down the directory path for future reference.
Step 4: Repeat Step 1, but click “Don’t show hidden files, folders, and drives” under the Advanced settings heading. Click “OK” to accept the changes made.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services