How to Overcome Complications of the QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy
QuickBooks Desktop Accountant’s Copy offers great benefits when a client and accountant want to use QuickBooks Company File at the same time. It is a copy of a company file that an accountant uses for making necessary changes, while a client keeps working on the main file.
However, many a time, you may face complications while using QuickBooks Accountant’s copy and there is also chances data loss. There are several smart ways that you can use during any adversity and achieve optimal advantages of QuickBooks Accountant’s copy.
Prior discussing the best ways to deal with complications of QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy, it is important to know and understand it’s most important facts.
QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy: Most Important Facts
When you enable QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy, then you need to divide dates. Your accountant can work only on the transactions of the company file which is “Dated Before” or is “Dated On”.
Accountant’s Copy Restrictions
Also assure that while using QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy you don’t remove or make any changes in the accountant’s copy restrictions.
After setting-up QuickBooks Accountant Copy, you may face few complications and may not be able to carry few activities normally. After setting-up an accountant’s copy, transactions, lists, accounts and reconciliation process get affected.
Complications: Ways to Overcome Them
There are few complications that you may witness while using QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy. There are, however, several ways as well to overcome these complications. Let’s one by one look at these complications and solutions.
Difficulty in Doing Transactions
After setting accountant’s copy, you may not be able to do transactions in the way you used to do. You can do transactions or work on transactions only after dividing the dates
Limitations in Accounting
You may also experience few limitations while using accountant’s copy. These limitations include: adding a sub-account, deleting existing accounts and more. To overcome these limitations, it is important to know that:
- You can add new accounts, but cannot add a sub-account
- It is impossible to make any changes on pre-existing accounts or even delete them
- However, you can make changes in accounts that you added after creating accountant’s copy
Deleting List Items Isn’t Possible
After making accountant’s copy, you can inactive list items, edit and sort them, but you cannot merge or delete them. It is, therefore, important to not even try to delete them, otherwise, there is always a possibility of losing data.
In case, you don’t want to see or use few items in the list, the best way it to inactive them.
Don’t Do Reconciliation
If you are using QuickBooks Accountant’s copy, then it is advisable to not do reconciliation for any account. In case, if you still do account reconciliation, then the task will be undone and there is always a chance of data loss as well.
It is always important to take precautionary steps while using QuickBooks Desktop Accountant’s Copy, otherwise, you may face several adversities, such as data loss and more.
If you have any more query related to QuickBooks hosting and need a support service, then feel free to contact our experts right now.
We are QuickBooks Hosting service providers, delivering comprehensive hosting solutions and support services.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services
- SharePoint Hosting2018.02.20How to select the best between Cloud-based SharePoint and On-Premise SharePoint?
- MS Office2018.02.19Top 7 Reasons for SMBs to Get Managed Microsoft Office 365 Services