How to Increase QuickBooks Experience in Multi-user Mode
QuickBooks multi-user mode offers a wide array of advantages and enhanced QuickBooks experience. There are several benefits of using QuickBooks in a multi-user mode, such as multiple users access to work on the same company file simultaneously.
However, while using QuickBooks multi-user mode, many a time, your experience may not be at par with the expectations. You may come across several hurdles, such as slow response time in opening QuickBooks or crawling network connection.
To give you hassle-free QuickBooks experience in multi-user mode, in this blog post, we will look at few common QuickBooks performance errors, reasons behind these errors and the steps you need to follow for boosting your QuickBooks performance.
Identify QuickBooks Performance Errors
In case, you experience QuickBooks getting slowed down during multi-user mode, then it is important to identify following QuickBooks performance errors:
- As the number of users increases, speed of QuickBooks company files decreases
- Long waiting time to open the data file
- In the beginning of the day, the company file works fine, but, it’s speed decreases by end of the day
- Management error prompts usually
- Data errors are reflected while accessing the data file, which showcases that network is having adverse effect on your data file
- Problems in performing alternate tasks on QuickBooks, and more.
Find Reasons Behind These Problems
Usually, you may face these problems while using QuickBooks Desktop in a multi-user mode, because of the following reasons:
- Multiple users access the same Company File at the same time
- Size of the data file may be too heavy for the network to handle
- The host computer, where the data file is located may be slow
- If you are currently using malfunctioned Network Interface Card (NIC)
6 – Steps to Enhance QuickBooks Experience in Multi-user Mode
After getting a glimpse of different hurdles that you may face while using QuickBooks in a multi-user mode and reasons behind these hurdles, let’s look at 10 steps using which you can easily enhance QuickBooks experience.
- Minimize the number of simultaneous QuickBooks users
- Always save QuickBooks data on the fastest available computer
- Replace the damaged Network Interface Card
- Change the data range on big sized data files
- If you still face challenges while using QuickBooks in a multi-user mode, then follow these steps:
- Enter “Performance” in the search button
- Select and click on the “green arrow” that you can see on the screen
- Select and click on “Help” menu
- Search for “Multi-user Setup”
- Finally, click on the “Increase Performance” tab
- If you want to consistently have a hassle-free QuickBooks experience, then try to implement following tips while selecting the computer to locate and store the Company File:
- For storing or hosting QuickBooks Company File, always try to select the computer that is not used for any other activities.
- Your computer should always be configured in accordance with the guidelines of the QuickBooks system requirements.
Using QuickBooks Desktop in a multi-user mode enhances the overall productivity by giving access of the same company file to different users to work simultaneously.
And, in case, you witness hurdles, such as slow response time or any other, then these DIY tips will help you to easily boost QuickBooks experience.
However, you want to solely concentrate on your hardcore business, then leave all these problems with us.
We are an experienced QuickBooks hosting provider, delivering comprehensive, robust and economical QuickBooks solutions. If you wish to know more about us, then free to call us. Our technical experts are available all round the clock.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- QuickBooks2017.12.04Understanding the Nitty-Gritty of Collaborative Accounting
- QuickBooks2017.11.30Key Considerations Before You Convert Your Existing Company File for QuickBooks 2018
- Quickbooks Hosting2017.11.30How to Keep Your QuickBooks Network Secure with Remote Employees?
- QuickBooks2017.11.29How to Enhance QuickBooks Performance