How To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors Using The QuickBooks Repair Tool
The errors listed here can occur if your Operating System gets damaged or one of the core Microsoft components that QuickBooks Desktop exercises are unstable or not functioning correctly.
- Errors relating to damaged Microsoft .NET Framework
- Errors relating to damaged MSXML and C++
The following are the troubleshooting steps that are for the Windows operating system, which is not an Intuit product. These steps can become complex if errors occur during repairing or uninstalling .NET Framework. Whenever you are not comfortable doing these steps on your own, Intuit suggests you consult with your computer’s manufacturer or another computer professional.
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is designed to automatically diagnose and fix issues with Microsoft .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML.
Before performing any manual steps to resolve Microsoft component related issues, it is highly recommended to run the tool first, as it can decrease the time required to resolve the issue.
You can use Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool to fix Microsoft .NET, MSXML, and C++ issues:
Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
When it is prompted, save the file to the local Desktop.
Close any open programs and then run the program by double-clicking on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe.
It may take up to 20mins to complete, depending entirely on your internet speed and computers performance.
Once the tool has completed, you need to restart the machine to ensure proper update to components.
Try performing a Windows Update to install missing updates pertaining to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++:
In case these components are out of date, QuickBooks will not be able to install correctly. You can also access Windows Update by pressing the Start key on your keyboard and then typing “Windows Update.”
In case you encounter any errors while performing a Windows Update, you need to contact a qualified IT professional or Microsoft.
Fix problems with Microsoft components manually:
Even if the QB Install Tool does not solve your problem, you may still be able to fix problems Microsoft components manually. However, you should only try this if you are an IT professional or similarly-advanced Windows expert, or in case you are working with one who can guide you.
In order to repair Microsoft .NET Framework manually. You are expected to follow the 2nd Solution of this article.
To repair Microsoft MSXML manually you have to try all solutions mentioned in this blog.
Try installing QuickBooks in Selective Startup:
Another process on your computer might interfere with the QuickBooks installation. Follow the given steps to temporarily exclude everything but the essential processes you need to install the software.
In case you still get an error during QuickBooks installation, or in case you encounter errors while attempting any of these solutions, there might be a problem with your computer or your operating system. You must consult a trained IT professional for further help.
- Angeela is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as an eCommerce and Marketing Strategist for the last five years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM and Email Marketing. Angella thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Angella admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Quickbooks Hosting2017.09.22Managing Home Business Accounting with QuickBooks Hosting
- QuickBooks2017.09.20How Your Industry Benefits from All New QuickBooks Premier 2018?
- Quickbooks Hosting2017.09.19Why CPAs Love to Manage QuickBooks Accounting on the Cloud?
- QuickBooks2017.09.11QuickBooks Desktop 2018 : Top New Features