Explained: QuickBooks Advanced Reporting In Detail
Advanced reporting is required in QuickBooks since its basic reporting feature is very limited and under developed.
For Example, if you try to generate a commission report that fetches information from multiple tables, such as the customer, invoices, and invoice payments then you cannot achieve it with the basic reporting capabilities of QuickBooks.
Advanced Reporting was developed by Intuit for providing good reporting services.
Steps for Installing Advanced Reporting in QuickBooks
Step 1: Click on the “Report” Menu of QuickBooks.
Step 2: While selecting this option it is necessary for you to be in multi-user mode. The following setup screen will be displayed on your system.
Step 3: Another separate database is created by Advanced Reporting outside of the QuickBooks database itself. The data in your current file will be copied over the separate database as an initial setup.
Step 4: Wait after the installation is complete until you get the main window. My Custom Reports tab will initially be blank and you need to create and save a list of any report definitions. Report templates tab shows various existing reports created by QuickBooks.
The screen below shows the rest of the report list, including a “start from scratch” option.
This allows to modify an existing report or “roll your own”.
Steps for Working with Reports
Step 1: Let’s take an example of “inventory stock status by item” report. Scroll the cursor in the template list and click on the report name. The report will be opened in an editor window.
Step 2: You need to scroll down in order to view the complete report. The Report is made of a group of “objects”. Right click on the property list of every “object” .Move the cursor to the popup menu and select properties.
Step 3: Sort the records as shown in the figure.
Step 4: Reports can be modified by adding objects in it.
Step 5: We can also use objects to modify reports. You can create a report from scratch. Select the chart and add the “sales (last 12 Months)” chart.
Step 6: Current Selection utility object can also be added to the report. Then add a Customer: Jobs list box object. In order to filter the report by customer clicks on any customer.
Move to the print icon in the toolbar.
Search for the printer option in the upper right corner of the chart object.
The report will be printed as shown below. Note that the report titles will be missing in such cases.
This Blog is Posted by Techarex Networks is an authorized and trusted cloud-based QuickBooks Hosting services provider of QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise versions. Guaranteed 99.9% uptime and 24X7 free supports enable CPAs, accountants and business owners with anytime, anywhere, multi-device access capabilities.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services