5 Steps You Need to Know Before Installing QuickBooks Enterprise
If you are contemplating to use QuickBooks Enterprise to manage accounting and finance operations in your organization, it is indeed one of the best choices available to you.
This blog post will act as a small checklist of things to take care of before deploying QuickBooks Enterprise on your local network.
QuickBooks Enterprise is undoubtedly the most advanced QuickBooks product. It consists of several features that are not available with QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
Step 1: Prepare and Test Your Network
To assure that QuickBooks installation goes as per your plan, you need to primarily acknowledge factors, such as: Networking, File Sharing and Permissions.
Two Professionals You Will Need For Your QuickBooks Enterprise Deployment
While preparing and testing your network for QuickBooks Enterprise installation, you will need these to people to get proper assistance:
- Network or system administrator
- Financial professional
Backup your earlier accounting system
You should carefully take backup of your past accounting system before installing QuickBooks Enterprise. To be at the safe end, take backup of for all the earlier accounting details, company files, data, software setup files etc. as well.
Select an option for setting up the network
There are three available options for network setup, which includes: Central Server Option, Peer-to-peer Option and Remote Desktop Option. After understanding these options select the one that suits your business the best.
Test network bandwidth
If you are planning to use QuickBooks Enterprise in the multi-user environment, than you need to test your network bandwidth. In case, you will use QuickBooks Enterprise from single workstation, then this step is not needed.
Check Firewall & AV setting
While QuickBooks installation, assure that firewall is running on your system so that QuickBooks components gets access to the network. It is an important step if you want to use QuickBooks in a multi-user environment.
Along with these steps, also assure that your system is properly configured as per the requirements of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
After testing and setting network, you can now install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. For installing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you need to follow these steps:
Download QuickBooks Enterprise
After successfully completing Step 1, you are now all set to download the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. For installing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and to know how and when to open different files, you need to follow several more steps.
Install QuickBooks Enterprise on Server
There are basically six steps for installing QuickBooks Enterprise on the server, these steps includes:
- You need to shut down all the running programs, including antivirus.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise file that you just downloaded.
- Follow different prompts that you can see on the screen and reach to the window named “Choose Installation Type”.
- Choose from different options that you want to install.
- After selecting from the different installation options, follow the onscreen prompts till the installation process isn’t complete.
- Configure QuickBooks Server Manager with the Database Server.
Configure Database Manager
You need to configure the database manager only on the server or the workstation where you want to keep or store QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Company File.
Step 3: Setup Sharing
After completion of Step 2, i.e. installation of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise on server and sharing setup, you need to follow same steps on workstations. For setup sharing and QuickBooks Enterprise installation on workstations, you need to undergo several steps.
Give access to Company Files
It is important to assure that all users have access to read, write and edit company files. For this you need to share the folder containing company files across the network. You need to take help from network administrator for implementation of this step.
Install QuickBooks Enterprise on workstations
Now, it’s finally the time to install QuickBooks Enterprise on workstations. For installing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise software, you need to follow these steps:
- Close all working programs. Make sure to close antivirus as well.
- Double click on the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise folder.
- Follow instructions that you can see on screen popups, until you reach “Choose Installation Type” window.
- Select the option that you prefer to install
- Follow further instructions until installation isn’t complete.
- During the installation process, if there is any error or technical glitches, then it is advisable to visit QuickBooks Desktop support page.
- Now, the “File Management File” will open and you can easily transfer your QuickBooks Pro or Premier file to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. You can further do whatever modification you want, such as additional application integration and lot more.
Setup Multi-user setting
If you have decided to use QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise in the multi-user environment, then you need to setup the computer (dedicated server) storing QuickBooks Company Files to “host” multi-user setup. Generally, in the multi-user environment, only one computer can give access to multiple users.
Step 4: Convert Company File Data from Pro & Premier
After completing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise installation, now you need to convert QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Company File Data from Pro and Premier. To convert data, you need to follow these steps:
Backup the QuickBooks Company File
Before converting data from QuickBooks Pro or Premier to QuickBooks Enterprise, assure that you have properly taken backup for all the company file. Once you start data conversion process, you will no longer be able to access the data on QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
Update the QuickBooks Company File
For updating the company file, you need to follow these six steps:
- Run QuickBooks Enterprise, and then open the company file in QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
- Enter the administrator credentials.
- Click on the checkbox prompted as “Update Now”.
- On more prompts on the screen, click OK.
- Follow further onscreen prompts in the “Create Backup”, click on these prompts to backup and secure your company file.
- To confirm and update the company file, click OK.
Step 5: Configure Network and Server Setting
After taking backup of data and converting them for QuickBooks Enterprise, finally you are just a step away from successfully installing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. Now, you need to just configure network and server setting before you start using QuickBooks Enterprise.
Registration to QuickBooks Enterprise 2018 will help you get the best advantages of QuickBooks Enterprise. To register:
- Click on the “Start” button
- Go to the “Help” menu button and click on the “Register”
- Click on the “Start Registration” button and follow the instructions displayed on the screen
After registering yourself, now you can start using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise for managing your daily business and accounting needs.
The Way Forward
Installation of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a bit tricky process, which needs to be done in a precise way. Therefore, it is advisable to get help from a certified QuickBooks expert.
To enhance your QuickBooks Enterprise experience, you can get QuickBooks hosting as well. The QuickBooks Hosting provider will help you with QuickBooks installation, provision secure, global and swift access to QuickBooks backed with dedicated support for your QuickBooks as well as hosting related issues if any.
For QuickBooks installation or hosting, feel free to get in touch with us. We are the most trusted QuickBooks hosting provider excelling in delivering QuickBooks hosting for small and medium businesses. With constant innovation and years of expertise we are helping businesses to get the best QuickBooks experience for their business.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services