4 Steps for Preparing your QuickBooks Company File for Time Tracking Reports
The fiscal year in the United States starts from 1st Jan of every year .It is the twelve-month period that an organization uses for budgeting, forecasting and reporting. Hence, most of the companies make changes to their accounting software and payroll providers on the same day.
If companies switch to QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise, and/or QuickBooks Payroll then they need a way to import their time activities to QuickBooks.
They can process payroll in QuickBooks by Transaction Pro Importer (“TPI”).
The motive of this post is to help you to make sure that your QuickBooks company file is properly set up to allow for time tracking imports.
The step by step process to get this done with ease is described below:
Step 1: Ensure You Have a QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
The foremost step is to be sure that you are subscribed to QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
Step 2: Set-up Employee and Payroll Items
The next step is to set up employees and their payroll items. TPI helps in searching the employees with their name or employee Id. If TPI search by name,
TPI looks for the name that matches in the employee list. For instance, Charles is not the same as Saren Charles.
You can easily change the way names are displayed in the employee list in QuickBooks Preferences. Refer to the screenshot below:
In case, an export file with an employee number is provided by the time tracking application, user can populate this number in the employee Id field on the employee information tab. (Refer the screen below).
Step 3: Ensure Employee entry check-boxes are checked before importing
The next step is to make sure that all employees for whom you are importing time have their corresponding box checked. You can use time data to create paychecks.
Step 4: Allow Access To Critical Data While Establishing Connection
While connecting TPI to QuickBooks, ensure that you allow access to critical data during the process of going through the application certificate. In case, you did not grant this access originally while setting up TPI, you can still change this in QuickBooks preferences.
These were the steps to be followed for successfully preparing the QuickBooks company file for time tracking import.
For more informative articles on QuickBooks and QuickBooks hosting, don’t forget to subscribe to our blog posts.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services