Top iOS Apps Available for SharePoint and Office 365
A Closer Look at the iOS Apps Available for SharePoint and Office 365…
Being a user of iPhone or iPad, you would surely want your SharePoint and Office 365 to work optimally. A good way of ensuring the same is by installing the right apps available for SharePoint and Office 365.
When you proceed to take the critical decision of enabling your mobile workforce, you need to keep in mind that only the right applications would ensure maximum user productivity. You can consider the scenarios involving usage of off-the-shelf applications where your internal staff requires full access to SharePoint content.
A number of options are available for easily accessing SharePoint on iPad and iPhone. You can expect a pretty decent SharePoint browsing experience by deploying the native iPad browser; facility of uploading documents may not be available though.
Let’s Understand First the Method to Open a SharePoint Site on iOS Device…
1. Open your device’s web browser
2. Type the SharePoint Online website address (URL) in address bar
3. Sign in using valid login credentials
4. Touch the tiles icon displaying at the screen’s lower left corner to get navigation tiles on the screen
5. Touch Sites to view a full list of SharePoint sites.
Prominent iOS Apps Available for SharePoint…
In this section, we will discuss the different apps available for SharePoint. Native iPad, Briefcase Pro, SharePlus, are the three prominent iOS apps available for accessing SharePoint on iPhone and iPad. Let’s take an overview of these apps –
1. Briefcase Pro version 3.0.0 – With a size of 13.3 MB, this app is recommended if sync and security are of top most priority.
|Easy set up||Rich editing missing in Text editor|
|Search from anywhere||Absence of offline capability|
|Intuitive UI||Issues while uploading items|
|Rich text editor|
2. Filamente – It is recommended for use if item management is a priority. Filamente provides a touch screen optimized user interface as well as offline access to resources.
|Easy files upload||Client footprint|
|Link to Dropbox feature|
3. SharePlus version 4.2.32 – It has a size of 98.1 MB and is highly recommended if UI and item management are in high priority. It allows accessing & editing all sorts of MS SharePoint and Office 365 content.
|Built-in Security via HTTPS and VPN Support||Client footprint|
|No need to Install server components and requesting special permission|
4. Harmon.ie Connect for SharePoint – It has a size of 2.5 MB and is considered a great product for mobilizing the enterprise. It ensures fully featured access to MS SharePoint using the iOS device of your choice besides unifying collaboration experience for users.
|Easy set up||UI for items upload not intuitive like other apps|
|Allows users edit documents straight away from iPad||UI less polished|
|Fully-featured access to SharePoint|
5. Moprise – It is a collaboration client for iPad that renders it easier for users to share, access and collaborate on their documents in SharePoint. Moprise has a size of 2.0 MB and comes with enhanced security features.
|Support for SSL and self-signed certificates||Free version does not allow editing documents|
|Easy set up|
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services