Top 7 Features of SharePoint Designer 2013
SharePoint Designer 2013 is one of the most helpful tools introduced by Microsoft in the latest version of SharePoint. It is of great use for the users as well as developers as it helps in creating SharePoint solutions for all kinds of business requirements. Also, this tool has enabled easy and simple composition of no-code solutions.
SharePoint Designer 2013 will be applicable for collaborative sites and web publishing, Line-Of-Business data integration, business intelligence solutions as well as human workflows. Also, it has made easy to leverage the building blocks in an easy to use environment in SharePoint. However, several features that were working on Windows Workflow Foundation 3.0 in SharePoint 2010 have been removed from SharePoint 2013. This is so because SharePoint 2013 Workflow platform has been designed to work on the upgraded version of Windows Workflow Foundation, i.e., Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0.
The basic system requirement to run SharePoint Designer 2013 is a supported Operating System. Operating Systems which support SharePoint Designer 2013 are Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework or higher.
Salient Features of SharePoint Designer 2013 are:
- Design Manager is the most considerable addition in the SharePoint Designer 2013. With the help of this feature, users can create and edit Master Pages. This helps you to add an HTML design with CSS and images to the Master Page Gallery. It further converts it to a master page. Also, you can create and edit page layouts by making desired changes in the HTML file of the page layout. The page layout will be updated as per the changes made in the HTML file automatically. It also helps you to create a Design Package. The entire design package can be transferred from one server to another easily.
- In SharePoint Designer 2013, Microsoft has introduced many modifications in the Web Content Management. The most significant upgrades include Content Search Web Part and Catalogs.
- Content Search Web Part is an upgradation of the Content Query Web Part present in the older versions of SharePoint Designer. This web part works on the search functionality for finding information and delivering search results. Another addition named Catalogs helps you create a list of products. This list of products is helpful to create a product web site.
All these features of SharePoint Designer 2013 have made the user experience better and more satisfactory.
- QuickBooks2016.07.01QuickBooks 2016 : How to Select the Industry Type and Accounts
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.30Microsoft’s SharePoint 2016: Awesome New Features Added For It’s Users
- QuickBooks2016.06.27How To Search and Edit Customers Records In QuickBooks 2016
- Microsoft Sharepoint2016.06.22Microsoft Announces Release Of iOS App For SharePoint