SharePoint 2016 will be Out with New & Improved Features
After a lot of speculations, SharePoint 2016 released with several upgrades aimed at simplifying the user experience.
Prior to the much-awaited release, Microsoft had already made the wise move of making relevant improvements in its online and Office 365 offerings.
The multiple upgrades announced before are said to reportedly bring better improvements in auditing, storage & reporting in SharePoint Online & OneDrive.
Good news is that all of the upgrades will be made available to not only existing but future users too.
Most Talked-about Features of MS SharePoint 2016…
Industry experts had already speculated about the different new features SharePoint 2016 would be available with and a lot of those speculations have even become true
Among the newly added features, Access Services, Customized web parts, Document Library accessibility, Durable links, Encrypted Connections, Fast Site Collection Creation, and Information Rights Management have been the most talked-about among industry experts.
Let’s take a deeper look into the new features to be made available soon –
Fast Site Collection Creation…
With Fast Site Collection Creation feature, users would be able to create sites & site collections. Support for special characters would mean permission to using characters that were locked in the earlier versions.
In the document libraries of SharePoint Server 2016, users would be able to preview media like videos & images while support for upload & download of files more than 2,047 MB in size would be also available in the new SharePoint 2016. TLS 1.2 connection encryption is well supported too by default.
To know more about SharePoint Hosting, call : 1-855-909-3300
Besides these, a MinRole feature would be available that allows SharePoint farm administrator to effectively define the role of each server in a farm topology. Information Rights Management (IRM) capabilities would allow securing critical information on SharePoint libraries.
Data loss prevention capabilities have seen an upgrade too and the same would be equivalent to those available with Office 365. Additionally, support for Open Document Format files would be also available for deployment in document library templates.
Support for drives that have been formatted with ReFS file system would be available too.
New Project Server…
New Project Server feature has also been included along with addition of new sharing improvements. Sites page pinning is another new feature that would allow users to view as well as follow sites of your choice.
Finally, users would be able to create, rename & share files right from within the Web Application Open Platform Interface Protocol (WOPI) iframe. Apart from these features, there are a lot other useful features that will make the new SharePoint 2016 a really improved one once it gets released.
MS SharePoint 2016 Features that Have Been Removed…
A quick view at the following image gives a summary of what users can expect from the new SharePoint 2016 –
While above features would be available, there would be many features missing too. Following image displays the features eliminated from SharePoint 2016 –
We hope that this post clarifies all speculations about what’s new and what’s gone from MS SharePoint 2016.
- Julia is Techarex Network’s Content Marketing Associate for Intuit products. She has worked as a B2B and Marketing Strategist for the last seven years, helping businesses with software implementation for Customer Service, CRM, and Email Marketing. Julia thrives in helping companies find the right software solution for their projects. Aside from his obvious passion for Marketing, Julia admits to being a foodie and travel enthusiast.
- Microsoft Sharepoint2018.03.30How to Select the Best between SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Hosting2018.03.22Avoid SharePoint Compliance Risk by implementing a Robust Information Governance Plan
- Dedicated Hosting2018.03.20Guide to Selecting the Best between Office 365 Hosting and Hosted Exchange
- QuickBooks2018.03.07Boost Up Your Accounting Performance with Managed QuickBooks Support Services